Nuna’s featherweight Pipa Lite LX is designed to keep your baby safe from both collisions and chemicals. At only 5.7 lbs, it’s more than two pounds lighter than the original Nuna Pipa.
Designed in Europe, the Pipa Lite LX exceeds American safety standards. Lightweight Aeroflex foam absorbs and diffuses energy in case of a crash, minimizing the force transferred to your baby. The seat has side impact protection and a stability leg that folds down and wedges against the car floor, absorbing collision forces in an accident and stabilizing your baby’s ride the rest of the time.
The steel-reinforced base is easy to install, and a True Lock system with color-coded indicators (green means installation is complete; red tells you there’s more to do) lets you know when you’ve got all the buckles fastened and locks in place.
One big drawback is that unlike the Nuna Pipa, the Pipa Lite LX MUST be used with the base. So while the Pipa is great for families who travel often by plane, cab or Uber and don’t want to carry the base with them, the Pipa Lite LX is better for parents who will be using the same car(s) regularly.
Another callout for the Pipa Lite LX is its high-end fabrics. All the materials used in this seat are flame resistant, but without any added fire retardant chemicals. The fabric is a comfy Merino wool and Tencel lyocell fiber blend—it’s soft, safe, naturally moisture wicking and environmentally friendly. The pull-down UPF 50+ canopy creates a shady cocoon for your babe, while the mesh window lets you check in on them.
The downsides to this seat: that beautiful Merino fabric is hand-wash only, and it comes with a luxe price tag that will set you back a penny.
All Nuna infant seats work with the same base, and an additional base can also be purchased to install the Pipa Lite LX in multiple vehicles.
If you want to attach your infant car seat to a stroller, the PIPA is compatible with many popular stroller brands, and you’ll need an adapter (most are sold separately). The list of compatible strollers below isn’t exhaustive, but it includes strollers featured in the Babylist store.
- Nuna (adapter included with stroller): Demi Grow, MIXX, TAVO, PEPP
- Baby Jogger
- City Select / City Select Lux / City Premier (adapter sold separately)
- City Mini 2 / City Mini GT2 Single (adapter sold separately)
- Babyzen YOYO+ (adapter sold separately)
- BOB single strollers (adapter sold separately)
- Ergobaby 180 (adapter sold separately)
- Qool (adapter sold separately)
- Caboose S (adapter sold separately)
- Caboose Ultralight Graphite (adapter included with stroller)
- Urban Glide 2 / Urban Glide 2 Double / Glide 2 (adapter sold separately)
- Sleek (adapter sold separately)
- Child weight range: 4 - 32 lbs
- Child height limit: 32”
- Car seat carrier weight: 5.7 lbs
- Total car seat weight: 19.7 lbs
- Car seat dimensions: 22.5” x 17.5” x 27.3”
- Includes removable infant insert
- Merino wool and TENCEL™ lyocell fiber blend
- Luxe leather-look carry handle
- Flame retardant free
- Wash on cold, delicate cycle. Drip dry.
- Five-point harness
- FAA certified for aircraft when used with base
- Includes car seat base